Monday, March 29, 2010

New Clay Extruder


Thank you Walnut Hollow for my new clay extruder, but with a closer look I seem to know you. Well I had a Makin Clay extruder that I purchased from Michael’s Arts and Craft store. The clay extruder that I purchased came in a nice plastic box. After losing my extruder I looked to replace it, but I wanted a box with it. Michael’s had stopped stocking the extruder just about the time I decided to replace my extruder. I looked in stores from the Maryland Easter Shore to the New York Long Island – and I could not find the extruder with a nice neat plastic box to contain all the pieces. So after my store to store search turned up empty, I went to the internet. After searching for some time with no luck, I started to consider purchasing the extruder without the container. Without the container meant the price would need to be comparable.
Well there is a new Michael’s in town. So I trip over to the new Michael’s to see that it had new products, too. Among the new stuff was a new clay extruder by Walnut Hollow. Looking very nice I must say; in a plastic box, has a foldable handle, and lots of different shape discs. I had a nice coupon from the store so I decided to purchase the extruder. After purchasing the extruder, I rushed home to see if the extra discs, that I still had from the Makin Clay extruder, would fit the new one. Well, I dug out my old disk, and they FIT. Well, wait a minute the package for the new extruder say it was made by “Walnut Hollow”. So now Walnut Hollow is selling products at Michael’s under their original name.
The plunger still works with a cranking handle. The handle is designed to rotate continuously. With this extruder you don’t have to create a handle attachment for easy cranking. The handle folds in half for easy storage. The case stored 20 discs and three rubber o rings. If you have discs from a Makin’s Professional Ultimate Clay Extruder they will work with the Walnut Hollow Clay Extruder Set.

No comments: