Sunday, June 24, 2007

Mixed Emotions

I have stumbled on bits and pieces about the Polyform decision to have Donna Dewberry create a certification process for polymer clay instructors. I am an instructor at a store and my class sizes are small. Will this new promotion help make my classes larger? The grapevine has said that the Clayfactor is no longer carrying Polyform products. They had close connection in the past. Only time will tell how this change will affect the industry. I know One Stroke certification cost $500, will the polymer clay classes be as expensive? Please post you feelings.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really don't think the 'certification' issue will effect anyone teaching bead making in a negative way. Donna Dewberry's program is mostly focused on home decor items and not jewelry. If anything all the attention to polymer clay will help! Just make sure what you are teaching is unique and of high quality and you will not have any trouble competing with their program.