Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Check Out My Big Haul

I went to Michael's today and I got quite a haul. I had a coupon and a gift card, so I only spent $14. I am excited because I found the Sizzix tag die cutter. By its self it was $15. I thought this die cutter had a design on the tag. But the heart, butterfly, and I love you are not part of the die cutter. With this die cutter I am going to make product tags for my jewelry. I had some old texture sheets from Fiskar and the Spellbinder embossing mat should help with the impressions. I was reading the package of the Spellbinders dies and they state that the dies do all 3 things. They cut, emboss, and engrave, but they were all around 25$ and up. Next 50% off coupon will go toward a Spellbinders purchase.

 I also found some great colored cardstock. I bet this color is close the Pantone Color of the year for 2011, tangerine. I love the color so I just had to purchase it. The Color Infusion thread was a new item for me, it made me think of the kumihimo.they are sitting on the 'tangerine' cardstock. I like this braided cord. So I think this Color Infusion thread might lend itself well to the technique. I was originally turned on to kumihimo some years ago from Fiber Goddess. She has nice looms and bobbins. The Color Infusion thread comes on a nice bobbin. The other skein of yarn matches my color palette.

 I love apples - so for 3 bucks I had to have a new timer. I purchased greeting card for my friend, bugs for my clay and erasers for the little girl in me. Nice shopping, aye?

No comments: