Sunday, August 09, 2009

Spending to support the addiction....

The last couple of weeks I found myself spending money on unusual things while satisfying my addiction. POLYMER CLAY is my addiction.

Item number 1 - DAP Tex Plus - Window & Door Foam Sealant. I was looking for a foam that cured hard. I needed a strong compound to strengthen something. I was not thinking. I could have saved my 8 dollars and used what I already had in the cupboard. There was Polymer Clay in the cupboard and in the end that was what I used. I guess I will use this sealant around the house.

Item number 2 - Biodegradeable Packing chips. Now I know I have some in my garage, 5 hours away. Another 8 dollars, and I had to sneak it in the house so my finance didn't see it. I didn't need 8 gallons worth of this stuff. I have made two beads inspired by Ronna Weltman's new book Ancient Modern, but now what do I do with the rest?

Item number 3 - cork clay. I am not going to buy this stuff. I am going to use what I already have - POLYMER CLAY. Well, Sculpey Ultra-light to be exact. I purchased it about two years ago, another time when I was spending without thinking.

2 comments:

Marcia P. said...

Can we see the beads please? That sounds so interesting!

Unknown said...

I've got some of those biodegradable packing peanuts too. I have a filigree design in my mind... just got to find the time to make it happen. I'd love to see what you did with yours!